1. Everyone must have liked the cake because there wasn’t even a ____ left.
A. crutch B. chip C. chop D. clip
2. Mary ____when she found her husband drunk again.
A. blew her top B. became abnormal C. was affected D. in opposition
3. During the famine many people____ eating grass and leaves.
A. felt inclined to B. were confronted with C. got accustomed to D. were reduced to
4. My wife____an old dictionary last night.
A. came on B. came off C. came out D. came up
5. The accused man____his innocence by proving that he was aboard when the murder was committed.
A. found B. founded C. ignored D. established
6. He has got too much ____to worry about your problem.
A. on his mind B. out of mind C. off his mind D. to his mind
7. You are too rigid: you must learn to change your plans when the situation ____it.
A. calls on B. calls for C. calls forth D. calls in
8. If you expenses____your income, you will be in debt.
A. surpass B. exceed C. survive D. pass
9. You can ____your story by leaving out some unimportant details.
A. abridge B. rewrite C. reveal D. change
10. Could you please give me a hand? Let’s____the bookcase into place.
A. shoot B. shove C. contain D. indicate
1. 答案 B
2. 答案 A
【详细解答】 “blow one’s top”含义为“发脾气”;“become abnormal”含义为“变得反常”;“be affected”含义为“被影响”;“in opposition”含义为“反对”。根据句意，A最适合。
3. 答案 D
【详细解答】 “feel inclined to”含义为“感到倾向于……”;“be confronted with”含义为“使面临……”;“get accustomed to”含义为“习惯于”;“be reduced to doing sth.”含义为“被迫做某事”。根据句意，D最合适。
4. 答案 D
Copyright © 2007-2016 www.eduzhai.net All Rights Reserved 版权所有·中国教育文摘